Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Connecting Reading to Life Experiences

I seem to read books mostly about teens and boys and silly stuff. I call them "female tales", you know, like "chick flicks"? Well I just finished reading the third Maximum Ride book :) They are really really good. Some of the similar stuff in my life are...

A) Max takes care of the flock, I take care of my little cousins.

B) Max has an attitude, I have an attitude :)

C) Nudge talks and talks, & I am quite the loquacious one :)

D) They take care of themselves, I would be able to do that.

Well, I guess it's not a whole lot, but I'm not really "saving the world" and I'm not exactly a bird-human hybrid, either. My life doesn't really merge into the story much, but there are some good similarities.

But I think it applies to a lot of other people's lives, if not mine. Here's why:

A) Max & the flock are always on the run from Whitecoats and Erasers ; People are always on the run from bullies.

B) The flock is extremely anxious to find their parents ; There are a lot of kids out there, looking for their parents.

C) The flock's kind of "abused" by the Whitecoats ; Child Abuse!!!

D) Max is all "save the world" ; Environmental Scientists wanna save the world too!

E) The flock and Erasers are "experiments" ; There probably are "experiments", but we just don't know it yet...

That's all I can come up with for now, but maybe there's more, I just need to finish reading the series ;D

3 comments:

JULIET said...

That's really interesting (insert your name, because I don't know how to spell it)... Usually it's sort of hard for me to find things that relate to me and a book, but when it does.. Usually I tell one of my friends and they say that it's not true and speak their opinion that I'm not very happy and with and things like that. (aah) Well, your really funny and that's really cool. : ))

Beatriz said...

I'M REALLY CONFUSED BUT APPARENTLY THAT'S WHAT YOU READ SO NOW ALL THIS WILL MAKE SENSE TO YOU BUT SINCE I HAVE TO COMMENT THAT;S WHAT I'LL WRITE.

squirtle said...

haha omg i love how you organized this.
i think its really cool how you connect with your books...i do too~~ :] and i hope we have like a reading session soon seriously.